My passion is hula. I've been dancing hula for 13 years. My grandmother, my mother, and older sister have been dancing hula before myself, so I guess I followed their footsteps. My recources that I will use for learning are my kumu/hula halau or research online. I will access those resources by making or scheduling an appointment with my kumu so I could interview him. The question I would want to be answered were how hula was important to the hawaiian culture.
Hi Kiana,
ReplyDeleteThis project could work, as long as you can demonstrate the "STRETCH" part of it. You need to go beyond your own halau and your own kumu hula. You need to pursue your learning BEYOND what you would normally be doing. Hula studies are part of your life, the Icarus Project requires that you go beyond your usual routine learning and stretch toward greater learning, deeper understanding, new experience.
So think about that and see how you can expand this project :)
Assessment score: AS (2)
mrs s